
anything like this in my life so I had to take some pictures. This was taken today right outside of my church. You could see these people from the parking lot. They are trying to stop the Phoenix Temple from being built.....and it is actually going to be built on the other side of my church. It will be so nice to be seriously 2 minutes away from the temple. Right now we drive to the Mesa Temple which is about 35-40 minutes away. It will be so fun to go to church every Sunday and see the Phoenix Temple right next to our church building. Some people in this area are really raising a stink about it. They think it will be so bright and lit up all the time, loud, lots of traffic.....etc.
ect. So they are out waving people down trying to get them to sign this petition to stop the temple from being built. It has already passed the city but if they can get a certain amount of
signatures.....and I am talking thousands.....then it can get appealed. They have another week to do so. This is only a mile from my home. Pray for our temple to be built and to soften the hearts of these people petitioning it. It won't harm them in anyway. It will only beautify and bless our city.
4 comments:
Can I just say.. I get to see the Oquirrh Mountain temple every time I come or go from my neighborhood and it's the most beautiful thing! Its a constant reminder of what makes me happy and I can't think of any reason someone wouldn't want to have a temple next to their home. I can safely assume that it would only increase the value of their property. Our temple is smack-dab in the middle of our neighborhood, and I call it a pleasure to be able to see it or walk next to it any time I want. "Those people" have no idea what a blessing the temple will be near them..but they'll find out soon enough.
Hey, I'm glad you found me. It's fun to see pictures of the kids. Sounds like things are going good for you guys in Phoenix. It's going to make this match making a little hard though.
Man, they just don't get it. Lucky you to have a temple being built so close. I wish they would build one closer to me.
Hey Susan, its Stacee. I found you on Jody's blog. your family is adorable. Hope you don't mind that i check in. my blog is youngfolksathome.blogspot.com check it out if you would like
Post a Comment