was on Feb. 25 & 26. It is a 200 mile run split up between 12 girls who run 3 different times(3 legs) each!!! It started in Wickenberg on Friday morning at 7am and ended in Tempe Saturday evening about 4:30pm. We were in 2 separate vans with 6 runners in each and a great van driver. A couple of these wonderful women above talked me into this race. I had 4 months to prepare to run long distance. I was very hesitant at first to sign up but really learned to love to run after about 4 weeks into training. This picture above was taken 2 days before the race........we had a carb loading dinner with spaghetti and garlic bread:) Here are 9 of the 12 of us. My partner in training Becky, Alisha and I gearing up for our first leg...........!!!

Chantelle (our van driver), Angie, me and Becky all smiles before the race.
I was runner #11..........so my first leg was 5.4 miles and I started about 5pm Friday night. After 4:45pm to dawn you have to wear reflector gear and a head light. So though the sun was just setting I was lucky enough to be the first runner of the day to put this bright stuff on. 
Getting in a good stretch minutes before I head off.
And I am off like a streak of lightning.......................
Finishing the last couple yards of my first leg............can't wait to pass the bracelet off to Angie:)
Meeting back up again with Van#1 girls at our major exchange...........time to rest for a couple hours before we start again for van#2.

3 comments:
Congrats on your race!!! I have always wanted to run it...one of these days. Looks like you had a great time and with a fun group of women. What a great accomplishment! You look fabulous!
Such an awesome accomplishment! I've been saying NO way too long to friends inviting me to run with them. One of these days I'll "cowboy up" and just do it.
Way to go.
That is so awesome! And 12 miles is A LOT! That is a way to make running fun. I think I just need to sign up for a race to get me motivated enough to run :)
Jen Jensen
Post a Comment