Monday, November 3, 2008

In memory of my best friend....

This past weekend my kids and my dad went down to Centerfield to see my mom's headstone that they had just finished. It was the first time being back there since her burial at end of June. Her headstone was just beautiful. It was perfect. It was her to a tee. It was very emotional as we walked to her grave. I don't know if any of you have lost someone extremely close, but as for me this is the hardest thing I've ever gone through losing my mom who has been my best friend my whole life. My dad is just the sweetest. We brought her some flowers (gerber daisies her favorite) and pulled the weeds off her grave. They haven't planted grass yet so there was a little work to do. We then sat down in front of her headstone and talked about her a bit. It was nice. I felt so close to her and it felt so good. We stayed there for a couple of hours. It was fun to spend some time with my dad and kids. It was a beautiful day!
I love you mom..........miss you more than ever!
Me, Layla and my dad


And here is Halloween the night before.
Chandler my pirate, Layla my flower and Dawson my Hulk!! We had a lot of fun. We went trick or treating with their cousins. It was nice weather.......such a plus!!

10 comments:

beth said...

I was sorry to hear about your mom. It must have been nice to go back there and see the headstone.

Your kids are so cute! Those are really fun costumes!

Jennifer Darger said...

Sue, I know how hard it must have been for you! It actually made me feel a little better seeing my Dad's headstone, knowing there is a place I can go and see his name and know that he is there. His marker is perfect too, a reminder of his personality and who he loves. Love you! P.S. Your kids are adorable.

adrianne s. said...

Her headstone looks really nice and I think it's neat that you were able to go see it with your children. They looked great in their costumes!

Emily said...

Sue- the headstone looks very nice.. there really is something peaceful about having a little spot to go and reflect. I visit my grandparent's graves when I need time to think and want to feel peace.

Your kids do look adorable! Sounds like they had a great time :)

Laura Barrett said...

Wow Sue, you are a woman of great strength and I admire you for it. I am so sorry about your sweet mother, she was an absolute sweet angel always. I know that everyday you are blessed with such good memories of her, and your children have her wonderful legacy to learn about everyday in you:) I am so glad that you and your dad were able to come and visit me. It was so good to see you both, and to catch up with our lives. Sue you have such a beautiful family!

Jeana said...

Sue, the headstone is beautiful. I'm sure you miss you mom more than anything, I couldn't imagine. What a great source of strength you are. Miss you so much and hope life continues to treat you well. Your family is darling!

Melissa and Allen said...

Her headstone is so beautiful. I'm so sad that you've had to go through this and have such a rough year. If you ever want to talk, remember you can come to me anytime. Your kids looked so cute in their costumes. We missed you at our party. Next year!
Well, see you in a few minutes:)

The Simmons Family said...

What a special post! I am so touched! You have such a sweet family! I can't imagine the emotions you were having; loosing your mom. It sounds like it was peaceful to go visit her and just sit there and be with family. I think she is so proud of you and she is always with you.
Your daughter looks so adorable in the pictures. You have beautiful kids!

Jada Frisk said...

Oh my gosh! I can not believe its really you! You have the most amazing family. Your kids are so beautiful! I am so very sorry to here about your mother. I think about you everytime i drive past your old house! And thats a lot! well I am working part time at Sport Clips in South Jordan. I am home with my girls the rest of the time. We are doing great! How are you doing? what do you do? Oh I have so many questions! We need to get together sometime. Maybe lunch or a play date? I live in West Jordan. Where do you live now???

Mason clan 5 said...

Susan you are amazing! I remember you mother always being so sweet and soft. Your dad looks the same as the last time I saw him. I would really like to see you next time we come down.

I love the costumes.